Last modified: 01/24/2023
It explains what these technologies are and why we use them, as well as your rights to control our use of them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that are sent to your computer when you visit a website. They allow the website to recognize your browser when you visit again and store user preferences and other information. There are two types of cookies: first party cookies, set by the website owner (in this case, Ardent Growth), and third party cookies, set by parties other than the website owner. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website, such as advertising, interactive content and analytics.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate and are referred to as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites and Subscription Service. For example, we keep track of the Websites and pages you visit within Ardent Growth to determine what portion of the Ardent Growth Website or Subscription Service is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customized content and promotions within the Ardent Growth Website and Subscription Service to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third parties may also serve cookies through our Websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail in the policy.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of our Websites and cannot be refused. However, you may block or delete them through your browser settings.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies improve the performance and functionality of our Websites, but are not strictly necessary for their use. Without these cookies, certain features may be unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or to customize our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies make advertising messages more relevant to you and may prevent the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensure that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases select advertisements based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies enable you to share pages and content on our Websites through third-party social networking and other websites. They may also be used for advertising purposes.
How can I control cookies?
What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Do you serve targeted advertising?
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Websites. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the impact and effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. Information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
Where can I get further information?